View My Stats

Tuesday 14 December 2010

The mystery illness strikes again...

As I was sitting at my desk yesterday at around 3pm the illness struck again.  The chest tightened, the throat swelled up and my head was about to explode.  I was in bed by 9.  I honestly don't know the cause of all this.  Is it exhaustion?  Is it stress?  A poor immune system?


I would love a couple of days bed rest, but it's a luxury I cannot afford.  Or maybe a detoxing infra red sauna treatment?  Maybe all I need is some sunshine, as opposed to fluro lights and giant dual computer screens contributing to my ever deteriorating eye sight.

I have about 9 days until my break (not that I am counting) and in that time I have more tasks to action than I care to think about.  Oh why oh why can't the phone be disconnected and the email bounce while I'm away so I can come back to zero urgent tasks, zero angry clients, zero co workers who need help, zero office politics, zero policy changes?  Would it be bad if my out of office read 'sorry I am on holidays and this email will not wait for to be actioned upon my return, so just do it yourself'?  I'm absolutely not the girl who compains about life all the time, I promise I'm not, but after being ill 4 times in the space of 2 months, feeling sorry for myself is a feeling that's on autopilot at the moment.  Somebody please heal me, since the doctor and naturopath are unable to.



I am counting on a month by the sea to cure me.... 

images all via tumblr

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:41 pm

    You, my darling, are burning out. Doctors and naturopaths can do diddly squat for that.

    Rest, rest and more rest is all that can be prescribed. Failing that, a healthy diet, and a minimum of 15 minutes of alone, relaxing, not thinking about anything, time per day. EVERY single day.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon. Nothing is more scary than not knowing what is going on. I will pray for you.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel. This year I've been sick more times than I can count. I have coeliac disease and when I accidentally eat gluten, I feel like I'm going to die - in the silly season, eating out is the requirement and I'm constantly at risk - the past two nights I've eaten gluten accidentally and I feel so tired and always get a massive headache as a result.

    Rest is so important but it's SO hard to do - there are always so many pressures and it absolutely sucks. I really hope your break will help you recover xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Rosie is right... you need to make time for yourself. Nothing is more precious in the world than your health...x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.