View My Stats

Monday 25 November 2013

"Simple pleasures are always the last refuge of the complex" ~ Oscar Wilde


Peonies and David Austin roses on my dining table. Simple and beautiful.

I'm currently holed up at my parents house. I've spent a lot of time here this year. I've enjoyed the rest and break from routine although it's hard being away from B. It gives me some time to think and nap. I usually have too much going on and 8 months of broken sleep tends to catch up to you eventually. But not only rest. I can sit guilt free and catch up on emails and reading, something I used  to take for granted. Summer is mere days away. But at least the house has had a purge and clean. 


I took advantage of Ari dropping her 3rd nap to begin planning for Christmas. Even battled David Jones and came out unscathed. 

Ari is more grown up and more amazing with each day. I want to teach her to be kind and generous. I want to spoil her with unconditional love and support and not material things. She will get a few small token gifts . Some ornaments for the tree and a new outfit as per the cultural tradition. 

Scaling back has been good. The less you have the less you can manage without. Proven true this year.

2 comments:

  1. I hope to share the same gifts with L this Christmas. Small material gifts but priceless memories and life lessons.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope it continues to be good for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.