View My Stats

Tuesday 17 December 2013

Christmas baking - gingerbread and cupcakes


What do you do when the supermarket is handing out christmas cookie cutters?  You bake cookies!  My brother is an athlete and my parents are health freaks and I feel guilty eating a mass amount of sweets so I never have anyone to bake for.  Lucky that this year I have a wonderful mothers group that I can fatten up with cookies.  


And while we're baking cookies we may as well make use of this cute cupcake kit.  


It was my very first time baking gingerbread.  Had no idea where to start and was recommended THIS recipe.  As I was going along it did seem a bit dry, but it is truly perfect.  The dough felt and tasted absolutely amazing.  Recipe is fool proof, I promise. 







I'm not sure if I baked them for too long, or made them too thin (or if my oven sucks) but they were a little too crunchy and over baked.  But not to worry.  They are incredibly fun to bake and ice and I can't wait to do them with Ari when she's a bit older and can help decorate and press the cutters into the dough.  


Bit of cellophane, ribbon and a christmas gift tag and voila!


And the vanilla cupcakes were wonderful too!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:35 pm

    wooo hoooo!! Thanks lady!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot,,,, your gingerbed and cupcakes baking ideas are awesome, and I really loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.